What You Need to Know About Dental Crowns
You may be wondering why your dentist has suggested that you get a dental crown. If so, the following are some of the more common reasons that dental crown in Dallas might be recommended.
- Dental crowns are used to protect a tooth that has been weakened by decay or breakage.
- After a tooth has been treated with a dental crown it is used to prevent future damage to it.
- These are used to strengthen and reinforce teeth that are excessively worn.
- When a filling will not provide enough support to a decayed tooth, the strength of a crown is used to reinforce it.
- These are needed to support a dental bridge, to cover a tooth that’s discolored or misshaped, or to cover a dental implant.
The Dental Crown Procedure
The procedure to place a dental crown typically occurs over two appointments at Shelly’s Smile and the appointments are just two weeks apart.
During your first visit to our office, we will prepare your tooth to receive the crown on your following appointment. This preparation includes the removal of any damage or decay to the affected tooth, as well as the removal of some of the tooth’s enamel. Next, impressions of your mouth will be taken and used as a model to form the crown. A temporary crown will then be placed until your permanent crown is ready.
On your next appointment, your permanent dental crowns in Dallas will be placed and adjusted to assure a perfect fit. From there, you can return back to work or resume your normal activities since there is little pain associated with the procedure.
Shelly’s Smile Can Give You a Natural Looking Smile
Because we believe every patient seeking a dental crown in Dallas should have a natural looking smile, Shelly’s Smile offers fully customizable crowns that are made of tooth-colored porcelain that will match the color, height, texture, and appearance of your natural teeth. Contact us today to learn more about dental crowns and how they can be used to protect your teeth and restore your smile. We’re also proud to provide dental crowns in Addison, Hillcrest Rd, McCallum, Far North Dalls, Campbell Rd, etc. Book your appointment with us today!